Northwest Carpenters Health and Security Plan
80% Network and Non-Network
Benefits are provided for chiropractic care by a licensed provider with a 24 combined visit calendar year maximum for chiropractic care, acupuncture and massage therapy. These services always require 20 percent coinsurance and these coinsurance expenses do not apply toward the $2,300 annual coinsurance maximum or $4,000 out-of-pocket maximums. Services and supplies include:
- New or established patient examination.
- Initial plane x-ray of the spine.
- Spinal manipulations.
Other services may be covered under rehabilitative care or other plan benefit provisions.
Benefits are not provided for:
- Manipulations of any parts of the body which are not articulations of the spine.
- New or established patient examination in addition to spinal manipulations on the same day except when examination is required to assess a new episode of care and the patient has not been treated by the provider within the previous 90 days and is not undergoing any active treatment for that condition or diagnosis.
- Treatment by machine including, but not limited to, vibrasonic therapy, ultrasound therapy, hydrotherapy.
- More than one (1) spinal manipulation per day.
Last Updated: 01/03/2022